Saturday, October 11, 2008

To Parody Dave Ramsey...

"I'm Dirty Dish FREE!"
AND
"I'm Dirty Clothes FREE!"

(For those of you who don't know who Dave Ramsey is: He's a financial guy that Handsome Handyman listens to on the radio. He's written a few books, too. I like his down-to-earth approach to finances. Today I listened to his book Total Money Makeover on cd, so I thought I'd pay homage to him just a tad. People that go through his "baby steps" often call in to his show and shout "I'm Debt Free!").

Anyhow, last weekend we had some of HH's family here for a baby blessing. Everyone left on Sunday afternoon and on Monday I started layout for my design work. It has been a busy busy work week, and the dishes that were from the blessing luncheon mated with the dishes from all the rest of this week. The laundry seems to have done likewise.

So today I got everything all caught up! It feels great. I also had fun baking--I made corn bread mix & made up a couple of loaves, and I made chocolate chip cookies and put most of the dough in the freezer (64 ounces of future junk food. Yay!). And lastly I went grocery shopping.

It feels great to have accomplished something and have a clean kitchen again. The only downside to the day is that Chick accidentally broke my 2 cup glass pyrex measuring cup. I guess you win some, you lose some.

1 comment:

nikko said...

That's quite an accomplishment. I know I would be thrilled. :o)