Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Why does Pregnancy turn your brains to Mush?

Last pregnancy I never felt like an airhead. This pregnancy was the same...until yesterday & today. ..

I spent much of yesterday muttering under my breath about WHY I was getting the final edits for the magazine on the day that we send to the printer, rather than the day BEFORE. Nerds...did they really have to take so long in sending them to me & thus making me a day late for getting it all to the printer?! I did feel bad that several of the edits were just because I didn't pay close enough attention to what I was doing during layout (I like it better when the edits are THEIR fault). That was airhead moment #1.

Airhead moment #1: This morning I got an email from one of the aforementioned nerds. She said that she was confused why I was acting like we were running late, when (per the production schedule that I had sent out) we were right on schedule. Hmmm...I looked at the schedule, and then I realized that I had written the "final approval & submit to printer" on the 11th, rather than the 12th on my calendar. We were, indeed, supposed to submit to the printer today NOT yesterday. I'm so embarrassed.

The good point is that I wrote a very diplomatic email to all involved (all the nerds) last night, and as I was writing it I complained to HH that I didn't want to be diplomatic...I wanted to give them a piece of my mind! I'm sooooooo glad that I was diplomatic, since I would have looked like a cranky #$%& who couldn't keep her days straight!

2 comments:

Simply Simmons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Simply Simmons said...

Michael made a comment about me being "not as together" when I'm pregnant. My response to him was, "So what you're telling me is that your sperm makes me more stuipd. Right?" See, so it's not pregnancy that turns your brain to mush, it's sperm. (Michael doesn't comment anymore when I'm pregnant.)