Well, of course the weekend got off to a rather rough start with Friday, though it was fun to take the pictures & video.
HH had mandatory overtime on Saturday, so Chick and I did the usual--I worked some more on layout (revising the cover...still not approved, but below is a picture of it as it is now) & we napped, ate, played, etc.
When HH got home we went grocery shopping. It's pretty rediculous that I get so excited from grocery shopping, but whatever floats your boat, right?
Anyhow, we first went to QFC, where they were having a holiday open house with lots of tasty samples & sales. Then we also went to Albertsons, Walgreens, & Fred Meyers. I won't list everything that I got, and I was more intent on getting things put away quickly than I was in taking a picture of it all (like the die hard frugality chicks do on the blogs to the right)...but here's a summary:
- 92 items purchased
- $100 spent
- The average price was $1.10. That's the average, but some things ended up being free, and the most expensive was Breyer's ice cream for $2.50 each...we have our priorities straight.
- Everything was on sale except for 3 cans of Tuna (Fred Meyer sells it for $.59 a can for the first three, which seems to be the best deal, regardless of sales)
- In addition to sales, I used $20 worth of coupons : )
- $15 credit to spend at Albertsons next time we go
- a free loaf of Albertson's french bread
- a free DVD rental from Redbox (we watched Get Smart...pretty funny!)
- a free 8x10 from Walgreens