Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Homemade Christmas Love

I thought I'd share some pictures of what I've made as Christmas gifts for the little ones. I actually did it a while ago (a month or two) so that I wouldn't stress out trying to get stuff done with a new baby and a chick that is just going to smother the new baby with lovin!


These are homemade "Baby Legs"...they'll be stocking stuffers for both kids. I got the socks on eBay, and they are so soft...I wish I could wear baby legs!


This is the mattress, pillow, fitted sheet, & pillowcase for the baby doll bed. Made with fabric that I had in my stash.


This is the baby doll with her nightgown & slippers that will match Chick's. The red flannel must have been given to me at some point. I had JUST ENOUGH.

The baby doll also comes with a red cradle, but I guess I didn't take a picture of it. The cradle was made by my cousin as a gift for me when I was little, and I repainted it.



This is the baby doll's blanket. Green, white, & red are the colors of the nursery. I had the leafy fabric & white binding already, and bought the green fleece to make a cover for the baby bjorn potty...I had extra, though, so I was able to use it for this blanket & the gift below.


This is a rattle textural baby block...so I don't feel like I'm treating the new babe like a stepchild. Green fleece (already mentioned), all other fabrics, bell, stuffing, & a white washcloth--I already had.



Not pictured (because it's not homemade): play-doh with lots of cutters & design rolling pins (cutters & rolling pins from Value Village), a pint-sized broom & dustpan set (Chick loves to help sweep, but the broom is too tall for her), and a Sandra Boynton book.



I also made something for some extended family, but can't post it because I don't want to give away the surprise. And I'm making something for HH but it's not done and (while I don't think that HH reads this blog even when I ask him to) I don't want to risk him seeing it. It'll probably be for his birthday anyhow, so I can post a picture in a couple of weeks.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Everything is so cute! You are so talented!

Rachel DeFreese said...

I wish my math class could turn into Paige's craft class! I am jealous of your creativity!

Jeanne said...

Love the green blankie and rattle block! WOW!

nikko said...

Very cute stuff. You have been so busy!

Annalia said...

Paige, I stole that ticker from you, in a sad attempt to improve my blog.
And all I love all of the cute stuff you've made! SO smart to finish it before the baby gets here!

Jim Farmer said...

I think your name should be handsome handyman instead of your hubby's (well, actually something more feminine), but wow you really are a handywoman!