Friday, August 20, 2010

Is it too early to call

Mensa?


Ok, maybe.  I guess MENSA is an exaggeration, but I am pretty impressed with my little Chickadee, and now I'm going to brag about her.

The thing about Chick is you just don't know what is in that head of hers-- and you can't ask her because she doesn't "quiz" well.  So sometimes we get surprises.  Like when she counted to ten, or when she recited the pledge of allegiance.

Or like the other day.  I had just parallel parked, and was right in front of an intersection.
"We're on Wall Street" pipes up Chick from the back seat.
I look to the intersection, and sure enough, we were on Wall Street.
"Did you read that on the sign?!"
"No."
"Then how did you know that we are on Wall Street?"
silence.
"Did you sound it out from the sign?"
silence.  Then, "Three dollars Wall Street."
That's when I knew for sure that she was reading it, because the sign said "3000 Wall Street."

So evidently she's doing better at learning to read than I though : )

(These bottom three pictures are from a park playdate this week)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yay! WTG chick!

Heather, Rex, etc. said...

Wow! Genius just like her mother!