Friday, August 13, 2010

And he shall be called

MOOSE!

Strong, tall, reasonably friendly & sedate in general (I think), and LARGE.

At Moose's 2 month checkup he weighed in at 14#3oz, and was 25" long ...bigger than his sisters were at 4 months (well, essentially the same length as Monkey, but otherwise bigger).  Heavier than Monkey was at 6 months!

I have several things to catch up on & tell you about, so hopefully over the weekend I'll be able to get a post or two up.  Life has been happy and busy!

By the way: Something I learned about Moose (the animal, not the child)-- they weigh up to 1500 pounds, and need 9500 calories each day. But they are herbivores, eating a lot of water plants (which provide their sodium). Can you imagine how much plant stuff they have to eat before they reach 9500 calories?!! I'd be eating all day to get to that amount, and I'm not even vegetarian!

They are also polygamous, which I don't necessarily recommend for my Moose (though I bet polygamy wives are happy for the extra childcare & help with housework....).

1 comment:

nikko said...

Oh my. He is such a doll. I can't wait to come up north and visit him (and you, of course). :o)