Wednesday, April 21, 2010

More projects DONE!

It always feels a little miraculous when I finish a project...so many languish away at only half done. Well, here's the baby prep that I've done since I last posted:

I packed the emergency "getaway" bag.
I sent a copy of all of my work files & contact addresses to the back-up designer.

I made 3 changing pads. {All made from stash materials}
This first one is to be permanently stationed on the bathroom counter. We've had one there all along, but it was just a plain jane white storebought one...this one is color-coordinated and uses embroidered fabric : )

These other two (and I'm sorry about the pictures...I took them late at night with poor lighting) are changing pads with storage pockets for wipes and a couple of diapers to use when you are out and about. I used THIS tutorial, which was super easy (I used fleece for the inside, because that's what I had). The black and white one did take longer--it was inspired by THIS mini-quilt.

One of these is for a baby shower gift this weekend. Originally I made the one with red to be the gift, but now I'm not sure--the blue and green looks like it might make a better gift. What do you think? Which would you give as a gift?

Anyhow, I've also painted the cradle, but I still have one more coat to do in a few spots...and it's pouring down rain outside so I don't think I'll get to finish it today.

Today we get to go meet our new nephew/cousin, as well as go to a midwife appt. I think I'm going to do some mega cooking of muffins to freeze, and work on getting the last pictures hung in my bedroom. Wish me luck!

Oh, and I wanted to mention how great THIS site is. It's called Starfall and has phonics activities for kids. It's simple enough that Chick can do it by herself, but cute enough that it doesn't drive parents crazy when sitting with your child (unless your child does Z twelve times and you have to hear the Zigzag people song over and OVER AND OVER). I also received my order of Sandpaper letters from THIS etsy shop. They are GORGEOUS.

6 comments:

Annalia said...

Wow. You are getting lots done. Nesting, I guess.

I never get anything done right before a baby comes - too swollen or too lazy or something.

I like the black one for a gift. :)

nikko said...

starfall.com is a HUGE favorite at our house, too. I love that there isn't a bunch of stupid ads on it!

Oh my WORD you are getting so much done. So jealous. Three little ones at home is wearing me out!

Unknown said...

You are a busy woman and the most prepared mommy ever.

Katie said...

How did I miss this post? Very cute. I love those change mats. Are they just cloth or is the inside fabric plastic-y at all?

Paige said...

The one that I made for the bathroom has a plastic layer on top of the embroidered fabric. The others are fleece. fleece doesn't exactly ABSORB the moisture, but it wisks it away so the baby stays dry.

I was hesitant to have fabric, but I think for a carry-around it's fine. It is completely washable.

Anonymous said...

oooh, I love the one with the red. :)