Thursday, March 11, 2010

Form vs Function

This posting could also be entitled Thankful Thursday.

I wanted to take a moment to be grateful (especially after reading friends' blogs about the hardships they are going through) that my biggest complaints this week are:
  • a slight sore throat today.
  • a clever little monkey that has learned from her big sister that chairs can be moved over to whatever she wants to get into. No surface is safe. I might have to start actually watching my kids.

(case in point...)

  • Having to see my Chick wear the same white dress every day (or having to tell her NO! every morning)
  • & a form vs function difference with HH. He is totally about function. It doesn't matter what it looks like as long as it's still useful. I, on the other hand, find it draining on my psyche to have to look at things that aren't aesthically pleasing (and I'm here all the time, not just for a couple of hours in the evening before bed). [The good news is that he's somewhat reasonable, and I got to give away an entire truckbed-load of totally ugly junk to some "lucky" craigslister].

But really, what insignificant irritations! So I'm taking a moment to appreciate that I have so little to complain about (before the other shoe falls).

1 comment:

S.Ann said...

She's certainly proud of herself. Self esteem is good as is counting ones blessings.