Friday, February 20, 2009

How I waste my time

Not making Granola--that stuff is delicious! And I feel really healthy eating it, because not all of the flax seeds got ground up completely and they get stuck in my teeth and remind me for a few extra minutes that I ate something that is good for me : ) Don't put it in the fridge, though--it gets too hard.

No, I waste my time by:

Blog-hopping.
I don't do it often, thank goodness. I do spend quite a bit of time reading the new posts on the blogs that I have listed on the right, though.

Watching Monk.
We borrowed season 6 from my folks. We've watched it enough in the past couple of days that I'm tempted to become OCD.

Getting the girls dressed.
Chick re-dresses herself (and she tries with Babe) right after I get them dressed (yesterday she was wearing 2 pairs of jammies--one on top of the other). What's the point in even trying?

Stroller shopping.
I am DESPERATE for a red Dreamer Design Ditto jogging stroller (or if I need to "settle" I'll go with a BOB Duallie in a warm color). My problem is that I only want to spend $200, and it needs to be in good condition & include the rain cover. I check Craigslist a million times a day, but to no avail thus far.

Researching 5k races.
Obviously, if I don't have a double jogging stroller then I can't start training. I don't actually research races a ton...but I did yesterday and it ate 2 hours of my day. The most fun sounding one, though, is the Bridle Trails 5k:

Bridle Trails State Park is a gorgeous second growth forest contains over 28 miles of trails that weave amongst towering evergreens. This is a chip timed event by Millisecond Sports Timing. After the Run enjoy lunch, guided nature tours, equestrian demonstrations or let your child ride a pony. Free T-Shirts to those who pre-register by June 15, 2009.

No comments: