Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Sweetness at the bottom of the pie

I just totally *lifted* my post title from the title of a book that I haven't even read...but I do like the title and I do think it applies to my day yesterday.  I didn't actually have any pie, mind you, but I did have a lot of sweetness.
The sweetness started at 5:30 a.m. when I got to wake up and have my lovely pregnancy insomnia at a more reasonable hour and with the company of my husband.  We watched a show together on the laptop, and then I went back to sleep for a few minutes while he got up and took care of the kids.

The sweetness reached maximum sweet when it was time for me to wake up and Chick came in to talk to me.  She told me how many days until her birthday, and that she knew I was tired and that the babies needed breakfast, so she was going to bring me breakfast in bed.
Monkey helped her.  Breakfast consisted of: orange juice, peanuts, blueberries, crackers, and wheat chex.  All but the o.j. was served dry on a plate, atop a bed tray.  The girls stayed and talked to me the whole time that I ate-- explaining how they decided on each type of food, why it was healthy for me and the babies, etc.  Monkey kept touching it.  I suspect the presentation and content of breakfasts in bed will get better as the years progress, but the sentiment and effort will never be beat.  I sure love those girls.

During breakfast in bed I was informed that when I got up I was going to make them pancakes and Daddy was going to make bacon.  Pancakes weren't really in my hurried morning plan, but I didn't want to mess up their plans, so I made time for it.

After breakfast, dressing, and getting a salad tossed together, I ran the kids to my aunt's place for a few hours.  Then I was off to a Relief Society function "Demo, Dine, & Design" where I saw how to do several things, ate a DELICIOUS lunch, visited with great sistas, got a lot of good twin advice from a mom of twins, and learned how to Nifty Knit.  (Since then I've finished two baby hats...pretty quick and easy!)  It really was fantastic and relaxing. 

Then I went to the thrift store to take a quick look at their maternity clothing (I got all of mine out, and though there are a few pieces of which I will never tire, I mostly felt uninspired by the wardrobe in general).  I was pleasantly pleased with the selection that I found at the thrift store.  I walked away with two new shirts, black yoga-style pants (which I intend to live in), a new dress that will fit a REALLY BIG belly (I think), black slip-on flats, and a baby layette pattern that I doubt I'll have time to sew, but it was so precious that I couldn't resist. (

Then I picked up the kids.  They had a great time, and my aunt was still alive, so it was a win-win-win for all of us.

We hurried home to make homemade pizza and take baths, and when we got home I was greeted with a working HH who... (drum roll please)...was working on the living room ceiling!!!!!  Hooray!!!

And that is my day.  It was really great, and such a nice way to round out a very eventful week.  Though the week had some hard things, it really turned out well.


nikko said...

Yay! I love it when weekends are rejuvenating and not just more and more stress. We had a great weekend, too! Hugs!

Katie said...

sounds like a wonderful day!