I don't like our hand-me-down entertainment center. It's kinda ugly, for one, but my biggest complaints are 1) It's almost all open so it always looks cluttered because you can see everything in it, and 2) Several of the shelves don't have backing on them, so you have to be careful to not push things out on to the floor in the back.
I've been looking for a cute, inexpensive armoire so that I'll have a tidier look--something that closes all up to hide the tv & entertainment gear.
K, so I found this armoire on craigslist. I keep going back and forth on whether to get it, so I'm making a pros & cons list. You can comment on whether you'd get it if you were me.
- Nice quality solid wood
- my style & right color
- comes with matching tables--nicer room overall
- Great price ($200 set)
- Taller than I'd like ideally (limits the possibly positioning)
- Has an open shelf that still might look cluttered?...
- We aren't wild about having a coffee table...storage?
- Recessed tabletops look trickier to clean
- Might be hard to transport home due to size
- I could get more essential home improv. stuff with the $