Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Post about Moose

Moose recently turned terrible.  I mean two. 
But both apply sometimes.
Sometimes he's the cutest little thing and is sweet and cuddly and clever.  Unless he wants something to go a certain way and it's not happening.  Then he's a pro at throwing tantrums and getting aggressive.  He's been like that for most of his life, though, so it has nothing to do with his age.

DSCN5162

But I digress.  He had a birthday.  I thought it would be fun to take the kids to the Rainforest Cafe, which is down by where HH works.  So we picked Daddy up from work and went out for a super fun dinner.  The kids loved it just as much as I'd hoped.

DSCN5177

DSCN5173

DSCN5170

DSCN5166

We were right by the Gorillas.  I thought I'd gotten a video of the gorillas when they were moving, but when I got everything off my camera there weren't any videos.  Bummer. 
DSCN5182

The kids also really loved the alligator.
DSCN5185

After that we went home and Moose opened his presents (he got a magnetic train set from my Aunt, and a mixer truck from my parents, a hard hat & book from his sisters, and a tool set from HH and me).

DSCN5188

Then we sang, and relit the candles three times trying to get a picture before he blew them out.  Seriously, as soon as the cake was anywhere near him he'd blow them out. 
DSCN5193

The cake isn't the greatest, but it was pretty much the easiest, and the kids liked it.  And it still tasted good.  We didn't eat it that day--the kids shared Moose's dessert at the restaurant, and we got home too late for anything more anyhow.
DSCN5186

At any rate, it was a good day. Even if he's a total stinker a lot of the time I am SO glad to have that little boy in our family.  He is all boy, and it looks like that's what we'll need : )

DSCN5181

    

No comments: