Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Our Holiday Report

We had a great Christmas. We did the usual present opening in the morning, followed by Breakfast Casserole, which is my traditional breakfast (the tradition might have to expand next year, though--I was the only one who ate it this year!).

Just as I was about to start packing up to go to G&G N's house, HH told me that he didn't know if we could go because of a car repair that he had to do...not sure why he waited until it was time to go to tell me....
So here are pictures of what came next. I sent Chick out to play in the snow, Babe played with her new toy, and I had a sulky pity party for a while and then worked on organizing the new snapware that I'd asked for on my Christmas list. HH worked on the car.








He got things put back together again on the jeep in a couple of hours and we were able to go up to my sister's house after all (we didn't make the additional stop at G&G's--we saw them at J's). Evidently I forgot to take pictures there, but we had fun visiting and playing games and such.
Here are the girls in their Christmas attire... They both looked SO DARLING (If I do say so myself. I am biased, but EVERYONE agreed with me!)


(Babe's outfit is a gift from G'ma J & has ears on the hood but they don't show in the picture)


(Chick's outfit is a gift from G'ma N, with babylegs made by me)

Then we spent the night at G&G N's, and I got to spend my birthday up there, which was super fun! I didn't have to do any cooking, and my neice made a delicious cheesecake, and I went shopping with my Mom & Sister & Niece (in law) & the little girls...and HH got to play games with the guys. We all had an excellent time.

2 comments:

Annalia said...

I love your new family picture! I need to get me one of those. We still don't have one with our 2-yr-old in it - how bad is that!

Heather, Rex, etc. said...

Your kids really are seriously cute!