Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Very Hungry Moose

I'm so backlogged.  June was a great, busy month...which means that I have lots to blog about, but didn't have time to do any of the blogging.  So you can expect to see several new posts from me this week.

Ok, so Moose turned one at the start of June. 
I threw him a Very Hungry Caterpillar party, because he's a Very Hungry Moose most of the time.

We read the book, found "food" for the caterpillar in the yard (we'd hidden little cardboard circles with food drawn on -from the Hungry Caterpillar board game- around our yard), and then "fed the caterpillar" in a bean bag toss. 

(He wasn't there when we were throwing the bean bags)

Then Moose opened his presents.  He did better at opening presents than either of his sisters had done at one year...he really liked ripping paper.  It helps that he got really cool presents : )

It was fun having some of our local family here to celebrate with us.

Then we ate.  We had all of the food from the book-- fruit skewers, meat/pickle/cheese/lettuce skewers, mini cherry "pies" and chocolate cake (brownies). Lollipops for part of the take-home, and of course cupcakes and ice cream. (And yes, I know the head should be red, but I COULD.NOT feed a baby that much red food coloring).

Anyhow, it was a fun party for a fun little guy.  He's all boy.  One of his nicknames is Stinky Pete, because he's often stinky.  And he kisses with his mouth so wide open that I don't even know how to kiss him back (but he insists on mouth-to-mouth kisses so I just aim for some part of his lips and hope for the best).  He makes funny faces, and is tolerant of his older sisters and their "mothering."  He cleans things up well & likes to throw things in the garbage can (for better or worse).  He loves bananas and food in general.  He can be VERY LOUD, but generally he's a quiet guy...but he gets really chatty right before he falls asleep.  He loves to swing and be outside.  His hugs are tremendous, and he's always been a good cuddler.  Honestly, I can't believe that I am fortunate enough to have such a sweet little boy, and I love having him in our family.


And to think I wanted a third girl! 

3 comments:

Linda Tunnell said...

I keep telling everyone that little boys are the best! What a fun party!

nikko said...

Happy Birthday, Moose!!

The Higham Family said...

He sounds so much like Tanner! I can't wait for these little guys to hang out.