Sunday, July 18, 2010

All sorts of fun things.

Some of the great gals in my ward threw the Little Man and me a shower. Yummy food and some fun visiting (sitting around gabbing with the girls...does that really still happen?! I need to get out of the house more often!).  And great presents.  It was nice to feel so supported and loved. Thank you to all who helped out & who came! I loved it.

I love the ACTION of this picture.  So much living going on in one snapshot.

I guess this is where I eat crow for my last post.  I got some DARLING DARLING boy things that I'm so excited to use!!

I never did post pictures of the 4th of July, so here are a couple...starting with my flag jello.

These are just some everyday living pictures.  I love my family.
Today on the drive to church Chick commented on a "pretty car" next to us (a fancy convertible).  Then she was saying that she wants a pretty car.  I told her that she could get herself one when she got older.  She agreed and said that lots of other people could buy pretty cars when they got older too (she was naming names...lots of people get to buy pretty cars....).  I was in the list, and I told her that yes, I could buy a pretty car when I got older, but not right now because I want a car that can fit lots of carseats because I'd rather have my family with me than drive a pretty car.  Even when they are twits.  They are so precious to me.


Monkey's turn first...she's thrilled.
Chick's turn.  Monkey is NOT happy...we had to pry the little man from her clutches!

I think this is one of my all-time favorite pictures.
Catching smiles : )
BTW, the Little Man, as of Tuesday (5.5 wks), is at 24" length (2" growth since birth), and 12 pounds, 5 ounces (3+ pounds gain).  One thing that I love about him is his wavy upper lip.

The makings of (hopefully) somethings beautiful.

The fabric in action: Chick's interpretation of the Dance of the Seven Three Veils.

4 comments:

Katie said...

So fun. LOVE those pics of monkey, lol. I can't believe how big your boy is already. Can't wait to see what you make with that lovely fabric!!

Annalia said...

Isn't it wonderful to see how children are so ready to embrace and love a new baby!

I'm glad you had a nice baby shower!

S.Ann said...

You may not blog as often as you used to but they are worth waiting for. Loved it all. Mom

nikko said...

Yay for baby showers! Your little man is looking so much older already. I love his coloring and his sweet baby face!

Hopefully I can come visit sometime! :o)